This summer is going by very quickly. I can’t believe I am already in the fourth week training for the NYC Marathon!
Starting this month (and until November), my schedule is packed with exciting things! Two of my best friends are getting married, another is having a baby and fitness wise, I will be busy with training and I am actually running lots of races!
As a reader of other fitness and running blogs, I like to see others accomplish goals they set for themselves each week, month year etc. I decided I want to start setting monthly goals for myself as well!
Here are my goals for August 2012:
- Do a plank for 5 minutes (and more than once). Currently I am LOVING the #plankaday challenge. I can hold a plank comfortably for 2:30ish before I shake and fall.
- Take a spinning class once a week. There should be no excuses for this one. My gym is 2 blocks away from my office and there is a class offered everyday of the week at lunch time.
- Run a sub-23 minute 5k race. Help me find me a 5k race where I can sprint my ass off before Aug 31.
- Go to a Refine Method class with Katherine.
- Learn how to cook tofu successfully (and with flavor)
There you have it! Check back with me in a month and hopefully I will have accomplished these 5 tasks.
What are your fitness goals for August?
Have you ever been to a Refine Method class?
Please send me a good tofu recipe. That is a request/beg.