I started cooking much more when I became a vegetarian. I actually didn’t cook at all before. I have learned to use so many different ingredients to make amazing meals (and really shitty meals too). I am also stellar at setting off the smoke detector. I inherited that from my mother 🙂
I am always looking for new meal ideas and came across Heather’s blog. She started “Meatless Monday A to Z” as a cooking challenge for herself (and others who want to join)! She picks the main ingredient each week and everyone can link up their posts about their recipe with the same ingredient! I think it is a fabulous idea!
Monday August 6, 2012 – Artichokes
I knew I had a bag of potatoes at home I wanted to use so I started looking around for some recipes and came across this recipe for Artichoke Stuffed Potatoes. I decided to change a few things and this is what I came up with!
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 3 potatoes
- 1 can of organic artichokes (365 brand from Whole Foods)
- 1 large roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup of Annie’s Shiitake Sesame salad dressing
- dash of red pepper flakes
- dash of garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out middle (I used a spoon but I think a melon scooper would have worked better)
- Put potatoes on thin baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil
- In a separate dish, stir chopped artichokes, roasted red pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and salad dressing
- Spoon filling into potatoes and cook for 20 minutes (make sure the filling is golden brown)
The potatoes came out very well! The prep and cooking took a total of 25-30 minutes and the simple recipe still had a ton of flavor! I think I may add an additional vegetable next time for some more color 🙂
What is your favorite artichoke recipe?