This was my first month participating in Foodie Pen Pals, Lindsey’s (from The Lean Green Bean) small town idea turned big city extremely well-organized food swap program. Each month bloggers and/or readers are brought together with one another through small boxes of delicious (and fun) items of food.
For my first ever Foodie Pen Pal, the lucky food-donator was Lindsey from Pas De Deux Blog! I’m joking, I was the lucky one. As soon as the August matches went out, Lindsey emailed me to check about any allergies or dietary restrictions (and had previously checked out my blog and saw I was vegetarian)! Kudos. Lindsey and her sister Casey both write for Pas de Deux and will be alternating months for sending and receiving pen pal goodies!
I was beyond excited I received the package from Lindsey!
Note: I only took one picture of the food. She sent me a ridiculously cute card with descriptions and why she sent each thing and I was using it as a bookmark for a couple of weeks and it is nowhere to be found (along with whatever book I was reading). Whoops. Sorry Lindsey, I really did love the card and I am sure when I find it in a 5 months I will be thrilled!
Anyway, everything in the box ‘o heaven was new to me, which made me very happy.
- Artisana Raw Cacao Bliss – I ate this yum vegan spread right out of the package but civilized humans would have used it with fruit, bread or in smoothies or with anything really. Ingredients: Organic Raw Coconut Butter, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Agave Syrup, Organic Cacao, Organic Cacao Butter
- Barre Bars (Pirouette Cinnamon Pecan)- I am so happy this was in here. Also a vegan treat, the bar is made solely with whole ingredients (dates, walnuts, pecans, agave nectar, hemp seed, rolled oats, hemp protein, ground flax seed,brown rice protein, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, peanuts). It tasted very similar to a LaraBar, which was a good thing, because I love them too. I will absolutely be purchasing more of these!
- Teas’ Tea (Green White Tea) – I am definitely not a tea drinker (even though I do like it). Lindsey noted on the card that she drinks it throughout the day, so naturally I followed suit. I definitely enjoyed it but I probably won’t jump on the tea train. I am happier with water (and ahem, coffee).
- Cville Cluster Granola – Holy crap this stuff was amazing. The best way I can describe it is huge granola chunks with a break texture infused with nuts and flaxseeds (good huh). I sent Lindsey an email immediately after tasting it (and taking it to work so my boyfriend couldn’t have any) asking her where I can buy it, in bulk, right away. Ingredients: Rolled Oats, Honey, Sunflower Seeds, Canola Oil, Walnuts, Almonds, Coconut, Flax Seeds, Vanilla Extract, Salt.
- LINDSEY’S LOCAL TREAT! The Smart Kitchen Cookie Dough Nutty Butter – It literally tasted like cookie dough, but it was nut butter. I don’t get it and I don’t care, it was heaven (and it is gone).
THANK YOU LINDSEY for all of the amazing goodies. I enjoyed everything and my first month of Foodie Pen Pals made me really happy. You go girl! Everyone should check our her (and her sister Casey’s) blog, Pas de Deux Blog. The recipes are DIVINE 🙂
If you would like to be a part of Foodie Pen Pals, head on over to Lindsay’s blog and you can read the rules and sign-up! It’s a win-win, you get to try new foods and you make new (online) friends! I love online friends!
Happy Labor Day Weekend!