This is the usual “let’s go over the previous month’s goals and set new goals for this month” post. I’m clearly a few (or more) days late. You probably realized I’ve been a bit preoccupied with some bitch named Sandy.
What did I want to accomplish in October?
- Do a plank for 5 minutes, comfortably. If I do not do one everyday, it alright. Yea that did not happen. I only did Planks at Refine Method and for Lindsay’s October Photo Challenge.
- Continue practicing yoga and pilates. I actually don’t think I went to one yoga or Pilates class this month. That’s really awful.
- Complete 2 (hopefully) successful 20+ mi runs! I did one. I ran 20.2 miles. I wanted to do another but figured my training at that point in time was sufficient for the NYCM. Now I hope that ONE 20.2 mile run was sufficient for Richmond.
- Do 2-3 strength train sessions each week. The only strength training I did was Refine Method, and that was once a week and only twice this month.
What did I learn about myself this month?
I need to get my act together. I was probably in the best shape of my life WHEN I WAS INJURED! I cross trained and strength trained, I did yoga and pilates and a lot of Nike Training Club and core work! I was 10 pounds lighter and although I was miserable that I was not running, I was definitely more fit.
So what did I accomplish? Nothing out of the goals I set, which is sad.
November Goals (starting 11/5):
- Complete the Richmond Marathon with a smile on my face.
- Realistically, go to yoga OR pilates once a week!
- Go to Refine Method once or twice a week.
- Run 100+ miles for the month of November.
Let’s see if I can do MUCH better this month and not write a post full of complaints and self-pity 🙂