HEY! I’m Ashley.
1. Lets talk about where I got the name of my blog: My hair is extremely long, curly, nappy and any other word you can think of that means impossible to deal with. When I ran it was all over the place. This past year I discovered I can run with it in a bun on the top of my head (like I used to wear it when I was 13) and it doesn’t move. It is amazing.
After (NO MESS!):
2. Why I wanted to blog: I think the fit/fitness/running/healthy living/eating blogging community is freaking great. I want to make new fit friends and running buddies with similar interests. I want to be able to track my workouts and list my fitness goals (it helps to be held accountable for them!) I really just want to learn as much as I can through others and hopefully provide some insight of my own.
3. I currently live in north NJ with these characters, Fizz, River and Harley.
Just so you don’t get confused, Fizz is my boyfriend (his name is Mike, but I only call him that around his family so they don’t think I’m talking to all of them), River is our adopted pit bull, and Harley is our French Mastiff.
4. I work in NYC at a Hedge Fund. My office is right near Central Park. Amazing running, all the time.
5. I started seriously running two years ago, and I am in love. I started slowly, first two miles, then a 5k, and then a friend helped me train for the 2010 Long Branch Half Marathon. I was addicted to the feeling I got when I crossed the finish line. So I don’t have to keep updating this section when I run another race, check out the Race Review page!
6. I am a vegetarian (Animal cruelty is on the top of the list of my LEAST favorite things). Since adopting a plant-based diet, I have never felt happier or healthier.
7. My family means the absolute world to me. You’ll hear a lot about them, especially my sisters, Brittany (Blondie below) and Shelley (Bangs below). We are best friends. Even though I’m a lot shorter than them, not sure what happened.
8. I had two hip surgeries (one on each side) for labral tears. Left in 2004 and right in 2005. My doctor told me I would not run again (because I also have hip dysplasia). I waited about 4/12 years before I ran again. I am happy and thankful I did. Running has changed my life for the better!
9. I love running fast. I would LOVE to be fastER. I would like to thank my Mizuno’s for helping me inch toward my goal this past year (Neon makes you fast, in case you didn’t think that already). If anyone wants to help me become the speedster I dream of being, PLEASE pass any advice along, I sincerely appreciate it! **I’ll buy you a puppy in exchange for running coaching services**
10. Just so you all know a little more about me, my favorite things:
- Spandex – I wear it as much as possible. I believe the shiny ones from American Apparel are Business Casual.
- Dogs/People who help dogs – I find myself donating money I don’t have to random animal shelters all over the country in the middle of the night to help save animals. I can’t help myself. I think the people who work for Team ASPCA have the best job, traveling around, running and saving puppies combined? Sign me up please?! My contact information is a few tabs to the right. I’ll make myself available for an interview. I’m an ASPCA Guardian if it helps.
- Bruce Springsteen, always.
- The New York Football Giants
- Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee (black)
- Blackjack (which comes hand in hand with AC and Vegas)
- Sarcasm, if you don’t like sarcasm, you won’t like me
- White wine
- The beach (with SPF 70, I’m basically Powder)
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoy, let me know if you have any questions and I appreciate comments and/or feedback. I would love to hear from you!