A few years ago a few friends and I used to send quizzes and surveys back and forth to one another during work (it was a necessity to get through the work day, clearly). I was pumped to see Janae from The Hungry Runner Girl post this pop quiz gem last week (and she encouraged others to answer, and share it)! Survey heaven. Here we are:
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
I used to use Gu and Gu Chomps, but they were too sweet for me to take down continuously over the course of a marathon and gave me awful stomach aches. Now I try to stick to natural food-based energy now, raisins or dried fruit. My favorite snack/fuel is Try Chips. Both work perfectly!
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
My favorite distance is probably the half marathon. The distance is tough, but it’s a perfect amount of time to still be able to give it your all!
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
I love shorts. During any weather. I wear the Lululemon Run Speed Short. My favorite thing about them is the lining underneath has a perfect elastic. Your butt doesn’t shake too much and it doesn’t cut off your circulation like A LOT of other running shorts.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
I fuel with Nuun during all of my training runs. I don’t really like carrying a bottle during races so I will take the water/Gatorade.
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
As long as my hands are kept warm, I will be fine in the cold! Running in humidity is awful. I think it helps my training, but it is still awful.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?
Mizuno. Always. After a 3 year run in the Wave Riders, an injury led me to switch to a stability shoe. I now wear Wave Inspires for longer runs and Wave Elixir for faster paced runs (and most likely all races).
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
I am good with a bagel/english muffin with PB&J or Oatmeal with granola and PB.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x or more per week, never ever ever or Other?
I rest when my body calls for it. I do not over train (anymore) because I don’t ever want to be injured. It sucks. Generally I have 2 rest days week, more if I need them and more if I am being lazy.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
Definitely use music if I am not running with someone, but I prefer a conversation 🙂
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
Running is my stress-reliever, a means to happiness, a way to build confidence, a way to meet new friends and a way to better my mind and body. I love how I feel when I am running. I wouldn’t trade it. Plus I want to eat bagels all the time. Running allows me to do that.
Answer the questions in the comments below! Or on your own blog, just leave me a link in the comments so I can check out everyone’s answers!! I love surveys.