My very mixed variety favorite gear from head to toe (and more):
Sparkly Soul Headbands ($17 for the wide band, I got 3/$30 at NJ Marathon expo) I love this headband because they are amazing colors and because it has the velour on the inside. These will not move at all during a run or exercise. Hair in place=Happy Ashley.
- Nike Fast Pace Running Tank – ($28, many colors are on sale for $22 at Dick’s) This tank is very lightweight and not as tight as others. It comes in every neon color you could imagine.
- Thriv Cape Elizabeth Tank – ($32) I like this tank because the material is very soft (organic cotton) and I don’t need to wear a sports bra with it (I’m less than blessed in the tata area)
- Lululemon Run Speed Short – A little pricey ($54), but worth every penny. My favorite thing about the shorts are the lining inside (it doesn’t cut off your bum at all). They also come in great colors and have 2 pockets in the front and one in the back.
- Pro Compression Marathon Sock – ($50, they offer $20 off with free shipping VERY often though) I originally used CEP socks but I was too short and they were just way too tight. I tried these after finding a coupon code online and I now have very happy legs. The material is very comfortable. I have 3 pairs. I just need them to come out with calf sleeves! See my review of this sock here!
- Thorlo Experia – ($13/pair, but cheaper at expos) The padding on the heels and toes make me feel like I am running on clouds, or cotton candy or marshmallows. Since I switched to this sock over a year ago, I have not gotten one blister (I’m not lying). I also randomly met the owner of the company at the NYC Marathon Expo in November 2011. He was pretending to be a salesman and got me to talk to another customer about how much I loved them. He then told me he loves enthusiastic customers and after I gave some info (at his request), Thorlo sent me 2 free pairs of the socks.
- Mizuno Wave Rider 15 – For neutral runners, Mizuno made a perfect shoe. I have nothing more to say. Except, add neon laces, the color combination makes you faster I think.
- New Balance 890 – I currently rotate the Mizuno’s with these shoes. I like them for shorter races as they are very light but still provide ample cushioning.
Hydration: Nuun. Always. At work, at night, before runs, during runs, after runs. (4-pack is $24, they sell at RRS as well, get an extra 10% off, or you can use the code bloggerslovenuun on the Nuun website to get 15% off). Nunn is a minimal calorie (6 per serving) hydration machine with ZERO sugar. You just drop a tablet into your water and drink, (seriously convenient). Choose from any of the great tasting flavors, (my favorite is Lemon Lime).
Watch: Garmin Forerunner 405 – ($219 on Garmin site) Not that thrilled with this watch. It is searching for a satellite or beeping at me for no reason most of the time. Based on friends and reviews, the older Garmin watches are much more reliable.
I love trying new things so I would love to hear about your favorite things to run in/use while running and exercising.