This is the usual “let’s go over the previous month’s goals and set new goals for this month” post. I’m clearly a few (or more) days late. You probably realized I’ve been a bit preoccupied with some bitch named Sandy.
What did I want to accomplish in October?
- Do a plank for 5 minutes, comfortably. If I do not do one everyday, it alright. Yea that did not happen. I only did Planks at Refine Method and for Lindsay’s October Photo Challenge.
- Continue practicing yoga and pilates. I actually don’t think I went to one yoga or Pilates class this month. That’s really awful.
- Complete 2 (hopefully) successful 20+ mi runs! I did one. I ran 20.2 miles. I wanted to do another but figured my training at that point in time was sufficient for the NYCM. Now I hope that ONE 20.2 mile run was sufficient for Richmond.
- Do 2-3 strength train sessions each week. The only strength training I did was Refine Method, and that was once a week and only twice this month.
What did I learn about myself this month?
I need to get my act together. I was probably in the best shape of my life WHEN I WAS INJURED! I cross trained and strength trained, I did yoga and pilates and a lot of Nike Training Club and core work! I was 10 pounds lighter and although I was miserable that I was not running, I was definitely more fit.
So what did I accomplish? Nothing out of the goals I set, which is sad.
November Goals (starting 11/5):
- Complete the Richmond Marathon with a smile on my face.
- Realistically, go to yoga OR pilates once a week!
- Go to Refine Method once or twice a week.
- Run 100+ miles for the month of November.
Let’s see if I can do MUCH better this month and not write a post full of complaints and self-pity 🙂
September was a great month. More than great actually. I went to Vegas, I turned 27, I started running again. I feel like I accomplished a lot.
- GOAL: Literally do a plank every day! ACTUAL: Not even close. I always forget and the Plank Police yell at me on Twitter.
- GOAL: Run a sub-23 minute 5k race. ACTUAL: Not ready to run those paces yet.
- GOAL: BECOME A CERTIFIED SPINNING INSTRUCTOR! ACTUAL: I am now a Certified Spin Instructor 🙂
- GOAL: Continue practicing yoga and pilates. ACTUAL: Not as much as I would like. I found myself focusing more on running again. I don’t want to fall into this trap. I need to adjust my priorities again!
- GOAL: Try new (healthy) foods that I have never tried before. ACTUAL: I have no idea or do not recall if I tried anything new but I hope I did.
- GOAL: Run. Anywhere, for any amount of time. ACTUAL: Done and done and done at Ragnar (I will do a review soon, when I can actually sit down and process the amazing experience)!
I am so elated that I am running again (not fast, but freaking strong) that I do not care about missing the other goals right now. There is time for them in the near future!
October 2012 Goals:
- Lets keep this one going from August until it actually happens: Do a plank for 5 minutes, comfortably. If I do not do one everyday, it alright. I won’t post pictures of my plank times anymore either, until I hit 4 minutes and 5 minutes!
- Continue practicing yoga and pilates. I will get back into the game with both of these. I feel better after both classes and there is no reason to only focus on running!
- Complete 2 (hopefully) successful 20+ mi runs!
- Do 2-3 strength train sessions each week. I need to work on my core as well! This will help to complete the NYC Marathon.
What are your goals for October?
On August 1 I was four weeks into my marathon training and I was high as a kite on running. Then I got hurt and my kite got struck my lightning and it burst into flames. Dramaaaa Queeeen. Let’s see how much I accomplished in August…
- GOAL: Do a plank for 5 minutes (and more than once). ACTUAL: I got to 3 minutes before I got hurt. My doctor told me NOT to do planks until I was healed. So this goal is pushed back a month.
- GOAL: Take a spinning class once a week. ACTUAL: COMPLETED! This is going to be a goal every month, FYI.
- GOAL: Run a sub-23 minute 5k race. ACTUAL: Not a chance. Moving on….
- GOAL: Go to a Refine Method class with Katherine. ACTUAL: COMPLETED! I friggin loved it so much (but couldn’t take more classes during the month due to the cardio movements but I will in the future) See my review here.
- GOAL: Learn how to cook tofu successfully (and with flavor). ACTUAL: COMPLETED! and so excited about it! I made a yum Tofu Piccata for Heather’s Meatless Monday A to Z challenge!
I accomplished 3 of the 5 goals and missed the other 2 because of an injury and not because of pure laziness. I can deal with that!
September 2012 Goals:
- From August: Do a plank for 5 minutes, comfortably. Mini goal: Literally do a plank every day! #stopforgettingdummy
- From August: Run a sub-23 minute 5k race (I plan on running again next week if all goes well, if not, we will keep moving this back).
- BECOME A CERTIFIED SPINNING INSTRUCTOR! yippee. More info coming soon.
- Continue practicing yoga and pilates.
- Try new (healthy) foods that I have never tried before.
- Run. Anywhere, for any amount of time.
Alright, Let’s do this September!
What are your goals for September?
This summer is going by very quickly. I can’t believe I am already in the fourth week training for the NYC Marathon!
Starting this month (and until November), my schedule is packed with exciting things! Two of my best friends are getting married, another is having a baby and fitness wise, I will be busy with training and I am actually running lots of races!
As a reader of other fitness and running blogs, I like to see others accomplish goals they set for themselves each week, month year etc. I decided I want to start setting monthly goals for myself as well!
Here are my goals for August 2012:
- Do a plank for 5 minutes (and more than once). Currently I am LOVING the #plankaday challenge. I can hold a plank comfortably for 2:30ish before I shake and fall.
- Take a spinning class once a week. There should be no excuses for this one. My gym is 2 blocks away from my office and there is a class offered everyday of the week at lunch time.
- Run a sub-23 minute 5k race. Help me find me a 5k race where I can sprint my ass off before Aug 31.
- Go to a Refine Method class with Katherine.
- Learn how to cook tofu successfully (and with flavor)
There you have it! Check back with me in a month and hopefully I will have accomplished these 5 tasks.
What are your fitness goals for August?
Have you ever been to a Refine Method class?
Please send me a good tofu recipe. That is a request/beg.